READSTOWN - The Friends of Readstown held a fundraiser event on Saturday, June 8. The event took place in their park, which was recently cleaned up after last year’s flooding with a lot of community effort.
Part of the event was their annual canoe race, a timed 6-mile race from the Readstown Tourist Park to Soldiers Grove’s Memorial Park. Nine teams competed in what appeared to be a very relaxed and refreshing watery event.
Results from the canoe race include:
• First Place Solo: Suzie Howe, ’23 Years,’ (65 minutes)
• Second Place Solo: ‘Red Rocket,’ (71 minutes), with tandem
• Third Place Solo: Solo ‘Slow and Steady,’ (83 minutes)
• Fourth Place Solo: John Howe, (97 minutes)
• Fifth Place Solo: ‘Fire’ and ‘Air,’ (tied for fifth at 117 minutes)• First Place Tandem: Liz Voz and Jesse Downs, ‘Slow Boat to China,’ (71 minutes)
• Second Place Tandem: Dave Nichols and Jordy Roy, ‘Floating Frogs,’ (90 minutes)
• Last Place: Dwight, ‘Easy Pro,’ (123 minutes)